Family Law Is Law That Is Always On Your Side

Updated 11/01/2022

Family law is personal. Aspects of family law get into your family’s private life. When you get a divorce decree, there are a lot of things that you need to consider. Depending on your marriage, you may have children and assets to consider. This is why it is so important that you hire a divorce lawyer to represent you in court. By hiring an attorney for domestic relations, you can be sure that your needs are represented and that you can present them in an objective, practical manner.

Hiring a family lawyer is important because you don’t want to make mistakes. These kinds of cases can get very emotional and, if you let your emotions get the better of you, it can make you lose out on certain things. Both sides should hire a lawyer and all negotiations should be done through them. That way, objective parties are looking at the facts and making the decisions that are best for your family. Divorce has consequences, so you want to make sure that you are prepared to manage them.

Family law practice

Whether families break apart with a huge jolt or simply fizzle away with little or no pomp and circumstance, family law lawyers can help make the difficult transitions of learning to live and exist separately much easier than they might be otherwise. Researchers in the United States have concluded that 40 50% of first marriages will end in divorce. Perhaps even more distressing is that second marriages have even less of a chance of surviving with a 60% chance that they will end in divorce. When marriages dissolve, the law may not always be cut and dried.

When children are involved, custody issues are almost always at the center of contention. Who gets the custody and who pays the child support are issues determined by a judge based on hearings, testimony, and circumstances. Family law lawyers are experienced in navigating the troubled waters of custody battles. They know the statistics and they know the law. Retaining divorce attorneys that give solid family law advice can be the best move you could make during the tragic time that is divorce proceedings.

Child support is an issue that can be very complicated. It never turns out to be as straightforward as you think it would. The decree will be handed down, but the execution of the matter may not be adhered to as it should be. Only 62.3% of child support money owed every year is actually received. All total, that is about $3770 per year or $311 per month. That means that one parent or the other is slipping by 37.7% every year. This money that is in arrears will cause the one who owes to be in contempt of the court that decided on the arrangement, and the courts are beginning to crack down on deadbeat parents.

The sad reality of the state of affairs in our country today is that there is one divorce every 36 seconds. That’s 2,400 divorces per day, 16,800 a month, and 876,00 divorces a year. many of these involve children.

Child custody lawyers know the law regarding divorce, especially when it comes to arrangements for the children. Having one in your corner will not only protect the children’s interests but yours, as well.

Follow by Email